Friday, September 23, 2005

I'm LOST

I'm wondering if it's a good or bad thing that I'm terribly re-addicted to LOST. Did you guys see the second-season premiere? Wasn't that awesome??? First, the contents of the hatch bring on more questions than they answered. We found out that the hatch contains a 70s throwback dude who shoots up with *something* every morning (and who knows what it is--could be *anything* on this island....). His presence puts a real damper on my LOST theory. Bummer. See, I thought that maybe there was this whole "sliding doors" concept going on: that there were two parallel civilizations existing on either side of the island; I thought that, perhaps, on one side, there were different/same survivors who made one tiny decision that affected how their lives were turning out now while we, the viewers, were on the other side of the island with the "other" survivors from the same crash. I think what spurred this idea was the "monster"--there seems to be a mean entity and a nicer one (Locke's monster). I thought they represented some sort of duality.

Anyway. It looks like this underground dude might have computer control of something on the island (the monster?), so that makes my idea weirder and way more improbable than it ever was. And, I have to say, I hope this isn't some kind of "government sponsored" project on the island. Bleh.

The highlight of the episode was when Shannon saw young Walt. He was shivering, sopping wet, and speaking gibberish. Was he real? An astral projection? A ghost? Man, I can't WAIT to see what's happened to our rafting heroes next week.

Until then, I'm going to be obsessed with coming up with more theories. I hate when that happens.

No comments: