Friday, September 09, 2005

New cover!!!


Here’s the cover for TWICE BITTEN, the December reissue of THE HUNTRESS! I want to emphasize that this is a reprint of my January Bombshell and not an original work, just to avoid confusion. I cannot wait to hold this in my hands.

Now, those of you who have read THE HUNTRESS might be thinking, “Hmm. This does not look like redheaded Camille Howard or big, burly Sarge. But perhaps that is Griff waiting to get his neck gnawed on …?” This is my theory: It’s been a long time since I’ve read the great book that is being packaged with THE HUNTRESS in this re-release, but I think the image has more to do with Erica Orloff’s URBAN LEGEND characters. The main character in her story is a female vampire who owns a nightclub and fights bad people as a second occupation. To me, it looks like the tattoo chick in this picture is the hungry one, and the guy is in for quite a time tonight. It works for me. Just as a review, Camille, the main character of THE HUNTRESS, is actually a vamp hunter, not a creature of the night. In fact, she travels to Transylvania to rescue her boyfriend, who was captured by a tribe of female vampires—big time predators. On her way, she clashes with a seasoned vampire hunter, a mercenary who wants to stamp out anything that has fangs or comes near them. I’m so excited that the story will be back in the stores soon, seeing as Bombshells are “series” books and have a one-month shelf life. I’ve been told that this is a trade edition, too.

Isn’t it just gorgeous? I’ll be putting it on the regular Web site later, but I thought you all would like a preview. : )

No comments: