Friday, October 14, 2005

The wisdom of PRETTY WOMAN...

Yes--I did it--the first Vampire Underground book is out the door! I really, really wanted to have more people read it and go over it just one more time before I sent it off, but the deadline hit and I had no other choice. Of course, if it were up to me, I'd make changes forever. After all, I am the girl who asked my Silhouette editor if I could correct a couple of tiny typos in the re-release of THE HUNTRESS (December). You know how it is: I re-read the book when I got the actual copy and I naturally found two little things that now drive me crazy. Since reissued books are printed from the original text, my begging was in vain.

So imagine--for the rest of my life, I'll be like, "Oh, forgive me for my HUNTRESS errors. I suck."

Okay, maybe not, LOL. THE HUNTRESS is one of my pets--my top one or two favorite manuscripts that I've written. So why is it that I'm concentrating on these teeny negatives instead? There's actually a super profound line in PRETTY WOMAN that said (paraphrased): "Why is it so easy to believe the bad things about ourselves instead of the good?" Hmm...something to ponder, indeed, even if it came from a Julia Roberts character.

No comments: