Saturday, November 05, 2005

Filling in the details

Remember last month when I hinted about some new contracts for upcoming projects? Well, I've received those contracts, and I can now confirm my upcoming schedule....

Here's what I had written as little hints:

Noir vampire mystery...
Hot nights in San Francisco...
Playboy falls for good girl...
Back to those vampires...
And more vampires...
A surprise story full of steam...

And here's what I meant:

Noir vampire mystery...
Since I was finishing the first Vampire Underground book at the time, that's what I was referrring to.

Hot nights in San Francisco...
This is the Blaze that I'm working on now (see previous blog entry for story details). The working title is SKIN DEEP, but I'm predicting that'll be changed.

Playboy falls for good girl...
After SKIN DEEP, I'll be diving into my next Special Edition. The working title is THE PLAYBOY TAKES A WIFE, and it takes place in Mexico and New York. It's a marriage of convenience tale featuring a corporate shark who needs a wife for public relations reasons. Of course, that wife is going to change his life and teach him a thing or two about women and affection. I'm not positive about a release date, though I'm going to include Christmas in the story...possibly a December, 2006 release? Just speculation. I'll let you know for sure when I hear a firm date, but that could be a few months down the road.

Back to those vampires...
After that, I'll be working on my second Berkley Vampire Underground story. My deadline is April 15, 2006.

And more vampires...
At this point, my next official deadline will be October 15, 2006 (for the third Vampire Underground book). I'm giving myself extra time to write it because it'll be the trilogy finale and it's going to be quite complex--even moreso than the first two. That blows my mind, so I felt a six-month stretch between deadlines would be wise. Besides, I'll have the chance to work on any proposals that'll need to be completed.

A surprise story full of steam...
The "surprise" refers to a "blind book" for which Blaze has put me under contract. A "blind book" means that they've reserved my time (with a deadline of December 15, 2006) even though they don't know what my story will be about.

So that's my schedule for the next year +. Feels good to be busy!

No comments: