Saturday, November 19, 2005

Tough day

It figures. Here I was, writing away yesterday morning on the next to last chapter of my Blaze, when I realized that something wasn’t really working for me. As I sat there, I started to panic. I’d messed up.

You see, it came to my attention that I needed to add a confrontation between the hero and heroine before a couple of scenes I’d already written. This not only means that I’ll have to rewrite the scene that was taking its place (I’m pushing the page count as it is, so there’ll be no unnecessary pages here.), but I’ll have to rewrite the scenes I’ve already done. Not a happy day for me, but this is a hazard of the occupation. Sometimes you write something that doesn’t work in the big picture. It doesn’t happen too often, but when it does…. It’s tough to think of all the time wasted.

At least I realized it before I turned the MS in, I suppose. But, really, that’s not making me any happier right now.

No comments: