Monday, December 05, 2005

Chris Isaak this weekend!

Yay! Guess where I'm going this weekend? To see Chris Isaak. Whoo-hoo! "Wicked Game," "Baby Did a Bad, Bad Thing," etc. Love him. Still, this is really cynical, but I'll bet it gets cancelled. Do you know why? Well, let me tell you.

Ever since college, I've tried to see this man--a crooner with rockabilly sensibilities--live. But something always happens to thwart me. Either it's something else I need to be out of town for or it's something else that *he* needs to be out of town for. An example: I had tickets to see Bonnie Raitt, and Chris Isaak was opening for her. Cool, I thought. No clashing committments, no barriers, I'm finally going to see the man. But no. Dude cancelled, because he had a little part in FIRE WALK WITH ME, that prequel to TWIN PEAKS. I was bummed. What--a movie is more important than entertaining me? What's with that?

So here I go this weekend, hoping it'll all fall into place. I'll let you know what happens....

No comments: