Thursday, December 01, 2005

Movie catch up

I *finally* got to see HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE! Man, I love this series, and I do believe this is my favorite movie from it thus far. I thought the last one was great, too, but I have to say that the ending--the time travel--was fairly repetitive and got me a little antsy. However, I loved AZKABAN's darkness and the unsettling build up. GOBLET is an excellent transitional installment--the darkness is even blacker, and the low moment--with the rebirth of Voldemort--was creepy and upsetting when it could've easily swayed into utter melodrama. Yes, there are plot elements missing from the movie that were in the book, but for a viewer who hasn't read it, the subplots won't be missed. I'm really curious about the next one though...remember what a pill Harry was in book 5? Are they going to embrace that in the movie? I think Daniel Radcliffe's acting chops have gotten stronger, so he's up to the challenge. And I just know I'm going to hate, hate, hate the most vile character ever to grace the POTTER world (She who shall not be named, and those of you who've read the books know *exactly* who I'm talking about.). Ooooo, I'm already excited!

As a bonus, I saw my first extended preview of THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE. Now, you all realize by now that I *love* horror movies; I can watch just about anything. But I'm going to confess something: I'm afraid to see this film. It's true!!! I don't want to cry like a baby when Aslan...well, you know what happens if you've read the book and if you haven't, I sure ain't going to tell you. Can I suck it up and watch it? I don't know, but I *really* want to!

Last, I highly recommend that you go to any number of web sites to see a preview of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 2: DEAD MAN'S CHEST. (Try www.aintitcoolnews.com if you don't find it anywhere else.) I'm so excited about it, and my dreamy elf has a line that had me busting out laughing.

No comments: