Friday, January 20, 2006

Finito with the latest

This has been a very strange cycle of writing for me. Days ago, I wrote the last chapter for THE PLAYBOY TAKES A WIFE, my Special Edition work in progress. I should be cheering, right? But I'm not...yet.

Usually, I write a chapter, go to the gym, pound down some lunch, then edit my pages. This schedule really makes things flow for me, but because of the holidays, I really got thrown off my groove this time. I wrote this particular story "Book in a Week" style. That doesn't mean I wrote the whole darn thing in that amount of time (cah-rap!), it means that I wrote a chapter, then went on to the next one without even reading what I'd put to paper the day before. I have to tell you--I don't like this way of working. It makes me nervous. To me, going on to the next chapter without looking over the previous one is like failing to make my bed in the morning. I can't stop thinking about the mess as I carry through the rest of the day and, when I get ready for slumbertime at night, I hate looking at the tumbled covers. Oh, yeah, that's neurotic, but what can I say? It's true. I'm a freak.

At any rate, I'll going into super heavy edit mode on PLAYBOY, then starting on the next Vampire Underground book. (BTW, still awaiting the release date and title on the first one....)

Happy Playoff Weekend!

4 comments:

Gena Showalter said...

I always write the rough draft book-in-a-week style. I'm constantly amazed how different writers are (in a good way!).

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Gena!!!

You are such a quick, effective writer! I'll even bet you're able to write an *entire* book in a week (or less), LOL.

BTW, everyone, Gena's new book, JEWEL OF ATLANTIS, is on the shelves, so check it out!

Gena Showalter said...

Aw, you sweetie! Thank you. I loved your book, The Huntress. It was just so seamless and compelling!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Thank you, Gena!

Sincerely,
Members of the Mutual Admiration Society