Sunday, February 05, 2006

Release news for the Vampire Underground

I've got a release date for my first Berkley Vampire Underground book! It's scheduled for February, 2007, and it gets even better than that. Not only will it be published under the Ace imprint (where Laurell K. Hamilton started), it's initally going to come out in trade paperback! Personally, I love the trade format: the book feels so good in my hands and the print is normally a bit larger.

Just for review, here was the Publisher's Lunch sales announcement:

Chris Marie Green (AKA Crystal Green)’s “Vampire Underground” series in a three-book deal with Berkley. The trilogy follows Dawn Madison, a stunt woman turned slayer, as she searches for her missing father only to uncover an erotically charged vampire society that languishes below the streets of L.A. Editor: Ginjer Buchanan, agent: Pamela Harty of The Knight Literary Agency.

If you've been keeping up with my blog, you'll know that this is the book that dominated my life near the end of last year. I can't tell you how rewarding it is to know that things are falling into place so that you can finally read it. I'm at the beginning stages of book 2 in the trilogy right now, so the timing for this announcement couldn't be better: it's given me even more motivation.

The copy department is deciding on a book title, and the cover art will be taken care of in a matter of months. Still, I thought you all should be among the first to know about the pub date! I'll be keeping you current about any more news....

2 comments:

Gena Showalter said...

Oh, how awesome!!! I can't wait for this one. I'll be one of the first in line at the bookstore, demanding my copy.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Yes--there's a sale!

Thank you, Gena. I hear JEWEL OF ATLANTIS is blazing off the shelves, BTW!

I can't wait to get the cover art to show you all.