Monday, March 13, 2006

Back from the deep

I'm ba-aack!

Okay, all I did was go on a four-day cruise from Long Beach, CA, to Ensenada, Mexico, but when you're in the middle of intensely writing a book, it seems like a very long vacation.

But--here's the thing. Each year, three college friends and I meet for a weekend to catch up with each other. In the past, we've visited each others' houses, but this time we decided to do something different. Thus, we boarded the Carnival Cruise Ship, Paradise, Friday for some big time R&R. Believe it or not, I've never been on a cruise before. It's true! So I was tripped out by all the free food (of which I took ample opportunity, of course) and the summer-camp-in-mahogany-splendor atmosphere. I even managed to go to the spa because the concept of money ceased to exist in such a place. We met some great people at our dinner seating (Hey, you all, if you're reading this! Sorry about that Pee- Wee-Herman-does-"Tequila" imitation Sunday night!), and our state room was pleasantly bigger than I suspected it would be. Oh, and every night, a towel arrangement would grace our beds after turn-down service: elephants, bulldogs, and last night's seal. That made me very happy.

At any rate, it's back to work tomorrow, but I do feel revived. This weekend, I'll be on the road again, leading those workshops at the San Diego Spring Into Romance Conference (www.rwasd.com). If you happen to be there, say hi!

No comments: