Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscars

First, I just want to let you all know that my contest on the main page is in the process of being fixed. There's some kind of glitch that tells you it's shut down right now, but I want to assure you it'll be addressed. I'm really sorry for the delay and testing your patience in asking you to come back when it's functional, but thank you! (And for those of you who brought it to my attention, I really appreciate it!)

In the meantime, just a few words about last night's big show. I haven't seen any press on it yet (just woke up), but I'm going to guess that this was one of the lowest rated telecasts in years. It's not that it was boring--actually, I thought Jon Stewart was the right kind of laid-back funny--I just didn't get all that excited about most of the highlighted movies. I never did get out to see more than 3/5 of the big nominees, so it's my fault for being out of the loop. But did the show in general seem uninspired to you all, too? Stewart even noted this after "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" won and the winners were jumping around all over the place in pure glee. He asked why no one else was that excited. Bing, bing, bing--and there we go. Everyone seemed a bit dull and even somber at times. There was no joy in that theater last night.

At least there were some absolutely beautiful gowns on display (and Eric Bana was excellent to look at just because he's Eric Bana in a tux. Put him on my screen the whole time and color me a happy camper.). Keira Knightly's dress was gorgeous, as was her vivid necklace; the colors of her ensemble were wonderful. Her hair was a bit of a mistake though: I wish she would've gone the Jessica Alba route with those upswept soft waves. And Salma Hayek's dress was "shiny," and if you're a FIREFLY person, you know that's a good thing. But poor Naomi Watts in that ostrichget up...? We all thought that maybe Santino from "Project Runway" got a hold of that gown. Though it was interesting, it was a bit much for my tastes.

And...that's all I really have to say about this year. Pity.

No comments: