Monday, April 03, 2006

Disney phile

Disney is my thing.

When I was a girl, I was obsessed enough to have a pristinely kept photo album of Disneyland postcards. Not of playtime Kodak moments, mind you, but of Cinderella’s Castle and the exterior of Pirates of the Caribbean instead. I was a strange child, and that shouldn’t be a surprise. It also shouldn’t be a shock to know that I am passing on my love of Disney to my niece and nephew.

So imagine my excitement when I tell you that, sometime around the Romantic Times convention, I’m going to “drop by” Disney World(!). It’s only an hour away from RT, so I figured I’d go for it. I haven’t been there since EPCOT Center opened, so I’m expecting major Improvement Shock. We’ll hopefully be staying at the Port Orleans Riverside Resort, and I can’t wait to absorb the Garden District/Bayou atmosphere. I’m trying to solicit tips from all my friends (best time to park hop, great places to eat, quirky things to do) and if you’re wondering how I have time to do this during my recent writing schedule, you’re asking an excellent question. But how can you squash a dream? Nay, an obsession? This is what I ask you!

Anyway, I can’t wait. Just had to share my enthusiasm.

(!!!)

No comments: