Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Weekend oasis

The few days I've had off between completing MIDNIGHT REIGN and my next project, the Blaze novella, have been great so far. I was lucky enough to go to the Las Vegas Strip and experience a few adventures in the land of entitlement and irresponsiblility. Saturday night featured a concert under the sky at the Caesar's Palace Roman Plaza. Peter Frampton (yes--Frampton Comes Alive!) put on a real good show, and the night was so gorgeous that I couldn't help but feel incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful life. And, of course I have to tell you about the places I ate: Mesa Grill at Caesar's Palace and then, the next night, Little Buddha at the Palms. Mesa Grill--an eatery that's constantly featured in the newspaper gossip pages-- was pretty good; I had the Chile Rellenos. But Little Buddha? Quickly becoming one of my favorites. You guys wouldn't believe the decor, first of all. It's almost like wandering into a spacious deep-red-and-black temple with a huge Buddha statue hovering above the room. The bar is especially amazing--it has a rock-strewn "stream" meandering through the surface of the drinking bar itself, and it's so peaceful that I was tempted to camp out there. The exotic music adds to the experience, and the food...so yummy. One of my tablemates almost cried when he dug into his miso-encrusted Chilean sea bass. (That was pretty funny, but cool.) I had sushi and lettuce wrap, plus beef satay and tuna tartare. Loved it.

And, you know what? I've just made myself hungry. Hope you're having a great week, too.

No comments: