Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving--a day late

Happy Thanksgiving wherever you are in the world!

This is a day later--sorry--but I was with my family and I found I didn't have time to do any blogging. Now that I'm recovering from all that food and football, I'd like to offer what yesterday's blog should've shown. A recipe! It's going around my parents' neighborhood, and I haven't even tried it yet, but it's on my Christmas things-to-bake list. It sounds awesome.

Pumpkin Gingerbrad Trifle

2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps - optional

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cinnamon into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a larg, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle off the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.

Yum! Have fun with it. :)

5 comments:

Y said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :) We don't celebrate it here in Oz, but everyone's got things to be thankful for, right?

Hope you had a GREAT time with your family.

Jana J. Hanson said...

This is a Paula Deen recipe, I think. My m-i-l made it last week. Hubby LOVED it (I'm not a pumpkin eater). She also took it to work and it was a great hit!

Happy Thanksgiving, Chris!!!

Sue Swift said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue Swift said...

Happy TG, Chris!
Hope I see ya when I'm back in the states!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Wow, Y, Jana, and Sue, thanks! I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

Y--great to see you as always!

Jana--really? LOL. What a coink-i-dink. We're making it today, and I can't wait to taste it. Great to see you.

Sue! I really, really hope I do get to see you when you return. You'll have so many adventures, and I can live vicariously through you. :) In the meantime, I'll be checking in with your blog!