Sunday, November 05, 2006

Off to do research

First, I want to assure you all that my main site will be updated very soon, so please come back to it after the newsletter is sent out!

Second, I just wanted to tell you about an interesting opportunity I'm taking advantage of for the next few days. Not too long ago, Karmela Johnson informed me of the Fiction and Script Writers Seminar that's held in Las Vegas. Here, gun enthusiasts are kind enough to share their experience with those of us who might write about it. Since some of my characters occasionally pack heat, I thought this would yield some great research, so I jumped at the chance to attend. We'll be hearing from the experts and actually doing some shooting and simulations on a gun range.

As far as writing goes, whenever I can get firsthand experience, I take it. I think it makes a huge difference in presenting details and the "vibe" or a character or setting. Aside from getting to see Karm and meet other writers, I'm really looking forward to absorbing all this new information and using it.

Ah, the life of a writer, eh?

3 comments:

Y said...

Have fun, C! :)

Tempest Knight said...

Enjoy the seminar! *wg*

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, you two!
Thanks so much. :) I'm blogging about the seminar today, and I did have a great time. Hope you guys are having awesome weeks so far.