Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The limbo of holiday cheer

So...it's over. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. All we have left is New Years, and I must confess that this isn't one of my favorite holidays.

Maybe it's just because I've had my fill of parties where I feel socially obligated to be "on." You know what I mean. At holiday social events, you should seem cheery. You should seem sparkly. You should glow like a tree bulb. Those are the rules. Maybe I'm all out of holiday spirits at this point and watching a marathon of LONESOME DOVE or AMAZING RACE while safely ensconced in a house seems far more preferable than risking my life on the road.

I'm just festivitied OUT, frankly. It was awesome to spend time with my family, but I'm ready to crash!

I'm ready for peace.

That said, I hope you all have fun place, and that you'll stay safe this week. It's a long stretch until Valentine's Day, so party like you mean it. :)

2 comments:

Y said...

Hi C!!!

I know EXACTLY what you mean. New Year celebrations are crazy, and sometimes even dangerous. We always stay home during New Years Eve. I don't like to be out and about on that night. :/

You stay safe and well too, okay? :)

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Will do, Y, and I hope you and your family do the same. :)

Boy, yesterday's blog was a downer, LOL. Tomorrow's will be way more upbeat--it's going to be about my favorite movie of the year. Saturday's will be more of the same--it'll be my top TV ten (or maybe fifteen) TV programs of the year. Have to post those end-of-the-year lists!!!

Have a good one, Y. :)