Thursday, January 25, 2007

FAERIE DUST

Earlier, I told you I'd be back with a book that one of our own wrote. That would Yolanda Sfetsos, or "Y" on the comment boards! This is her first book, and I thought it'd be extremely cool for her to share some of her insights on this eve of her premiere release. I, myself, have always wanted to read a faerie story (besides my ARIA comic books), so I'm stoked about this. A note: if you want to read this, too, you can click on the Cobblestone Press link at the end to place your order once the clock strikes the hour of January 26th....

So, without further ado, here's Y!


Firstly, I’d like to thank C for giving me the opportunity to post something on her blog. You’re a great support and a wonderful person. I can’t wait to read NIGHT RISING!

If you’re reading this, you’re probably wondering who I am? Well, my name is Yolanda and I live in Sydney, Australia. I’ve been writing stories since my teens and never gave up on the dream of having my stories published. Of course, life got in the way several times and writing took the backseat for a while. After my daughter was born over six years ago, I literally got smacked by my muse!

I think she’d had enough of waiting in the background for me to be ready.

Since I stayed home to look after my daughter, I took every available moment there was to grab a notebook, or sit behind the computer to put a story together. A whole bunch of short stories resulted from this rush, and soon turned into novel-sized tales.

I’ve been writing non-stop ever since. I got serious about the submitting process last year, and have had four stories accepted by three different digital publishers in the last few months.

It’s all very exciting, especially today!

Today is the release date of my first ebook, from Cobblestone Press.
FAERIE DUST is a fantasy tale, one that I had a lot of fun writing. I initially envisioned the story of these characters as a trilogy, but now I think a fourth installment might be on the cards.

That’s been happening a lot to me lately. I sit down with the intention of telling a story and when I’m about halfway through realize that there’s more to tell. So, who am I to deny these characters and plots when the muse is practically filling my brain with them?

How do you feel about a trilogy or series? Is it something you’re interested in as a reader? What about as a writer? I love to read more than one book about a certain world and characters. There are a whole bunch of series that I personally read.

This brings me to the next thing about me. What genre do I write in? Well, at the moment I’m writing a Sci-Fi with paranormal elements. My February release from Cobblestone Press is a Time Travel… and I’ve written quite a few urban fantasy novels. The only factor that always remains constant is the touch of the paranormal and otherworldly. I can’t help myself. Whether it’s a ghost, magic, dragon, faerie, vampire, werewolf, or any other creature of the night or land of fantasy, this thread will always be embedded in everything I write.

I love the mysteries of the world, the creatures of myth and legend. I love to think about the what ifs in life, and enjoy losing myself in the possibilities of what can be hidden behind the everyday life. And I also like to explore love. How the power of love can overcome so many obstacles, and hold the strength to overcome so much...
We all deserve a little bit of magic sprinkled in our lives. I was just lucky enough to be blessed with the ability to create a little magic in the way of writing.
Thanks for reading this post, and here’s a little more about my book:



Shay Lee is a Fae-Hunter, finding fellow Faeries amongst the humans.
Cases are usually cut and dry, but now that she’s hunting Glen Row, Shay starts to question her building emotions. Even if it’s forbidden for Faeries to fall in love...
FAERIE DUST is available from Cobblestone Press on 26 January 2007.
Cobblestone Press: www.cobblestone-press.com
Visit my blog at: www.ysfetsos.blogspot.com
Or pop by my page at MySpace: www.myspace.com/yolandasfetsos

7 comments:

Karmela Johnson said...

Yo Yolanda! Welcome to Chris's blog ~ and congratulations on the new release!

Karmela Johnson said...

PS for Chris --

How KICK-ASS was the ep of Supernatural last night, eh?

"I like him. He says okey-dokey."

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Karm! The "okey-dokey" thing sounds right up my alley, but I haven't been watching SUPERNATURAL! Bad me. I must rent the DVDs right quick. :)

Karmela Johnson said...

Wha??? You are not watching Supernatural????? Why did I think you were?

::scratches head::

I guarantee you will fall in love with the boys. I'll get the DVDs of Battlestar if you get the DVD of Supernatural.

Y said...

Thank you so much for posting this C! You're the best!!! :D

Y said...

Hi Karmela! Thanks!

I'm a SUPERNATURAL fan and I LOVE the boys. ;) You're right, it's so easy to fall in love with 'em.

C, you have to watch SUPERNATURAL. It's great!

Oh, and on a side note. I'm a huge Bombshell fan too... so sad about the line ending. :(

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Karm, it's a deal! I'll put SUPERNATURAL on my Netflix queue. It'll take up slots 316, etc., until I move it up, LOL.

I'm only too happy to lend a hand, Y! I'm so excited for you. :)