So I think I can just forget those weaker episodes earlier this month because this one made up for them in spades, baby! A suspenseful, tense, focused episode with plenty of emotion and twists. Now we're talkin'!!!
Episode notes, as always:
* Holy Moly: Eric Roberts! I'm scart. Seriously.
* Claude is there, too. Okay, the circle is now complete. Claude was one of them (pretty much), and then he retired to the Tatooine wastelands...er, "obscurity" until Luke...ERRRRR, Peter came along. Just who was Claude protecting anyway?
* Hiro's daddy! And listen to HRG speak the Japanese. My strange crush intensifies. Also, little Hiro is present. Just a question: did his mind get wiped somewhere along the line? Because he was sitting there within hearing range....
* HRG once again asserts his awesomeness by thinking in Japanese so Matt cannot read his mind. Smooth.
* Love how Claire just coughed up the bullet and got right back to business. Go, Wolverina!
* So now we know why HRG has been so protective and secretive of Claire. Well played.
* BTW, good to see Matt finally used to interesting effect.
* What great casting for the teen Hatian!
* Off topic (kinda): Is anyone excited about FANTASTIC FOUR 2? Meh.
* Great radiation sequence. I love getting to see the Heroes in increasingly studly moments: Peter's big flight last week, Claire's phoenix rising this week.
* Another female Hero? Karm, your wishes are being addressed! Did you storm the writer's room? :)
* Aw, the glasses are explained after all. Nice way of emotionally tying them into the family storyline.
* The end: Oh. My. Gawd.
Again, well played.
Did you all love it, too?