It's been a crazy week with NIGHT RISING's release. I've been doing my online PR, guest blogging, and interviews. In addition to all that, I'm smack in the middle of drafting my September Montana Mavericks Special Edition.
So you would think I didn't have any time to mess around, right? Well, my friends, there is always time for that. Otherwise, how would I fulfill my quota of weekly guilt if I didn't mess around in some way?
Hence, I also planned my upcoming trip to New York.
I'll be there for a conference, and while visiting, I'm going to meet with my editors as well as do a few book store stock signings. Big time write off! But--don't worry--I'll still mess around there. Here are a few things I have in mind....
* Lots o' plays. I've made a list of what I want to see:
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
A Chorus Line
Light in the Piazza
Les Miz (because Lea Solonga is scheduled to be in it and I LOVE Les Miz)
The Pirate Queen (which I already have a ticket for)
* Tea at Lady Mendl's Salon
I'm a sucker for tea, you know that. And, last time I was in NY, I wandered by this place, but it required reservations, so I promised myself I'd go the next time I was in the city.
* Late night at the Met (where there will be cocktails as well as culture)
* A tour of the Cloisters
* Shopping at vintage stores (last time I got a sweet little skull-and-crossbones tank, and I intend to discover another "find")
* A walking tour of Central Park (I love my walking tours. Love!)
* Hanging out at the W Hotel, Times Square, and sipping one of the best drinks in the world--The Blue Fin.
I'm still deciding about where to eat. Yeesh, with the conference and all, will I have *time* to eat?
If you all have any suggestions and comments, please feel free to post!