* Stoked to see Nathan again. I missed our smoothly pressed politician. In general, I love this bad-but-perhaps-decent vibe that the writers give to many of the characters--it makes them feel real and relatable because even the best of us have sides that we hide. It would've been very easy for a "comic book show" to have given us the purely "mwah-ha-ha" antagonists (even though we know that this actually isn't how a good deal of comic books are structured nowadays. There's a healthy dose of yin-and-yang in many of our modern heroes...as well as their foils.).
* "Don't worry--I know how to play dumb." Oooooo. Line of the night, compliments of Mama Bennet.
* This new girl makes me go "Hmmmm," much like LOST's Juliet. An intriguing character addition.
* Seriously...Mohinder? He knew about Sylar? Sweet! I am so ecstatic that his perception isn't cruising at zero. Too bad that newspaper article about Zane the melter didn't come out before the ultra-hearing lady mechanic died.
* Hiro's puppy adoration of Nathan is pretty damned cute.
* Claire, you clever little nugget of sly HRG-ness, you. Adopted Father served you well. The passport filch was subtle yet impressive.
* Karm--there's your next HEROine! Xerox Chick. Her power has a lot of Mystique-ripe potential for good fun....
* Ouch. You all, the spinal fluid scene hurts. Bleh, barf, barf. I can watch a person's head being sliced open, but needles? Hurl.
* There's the guy from Felicity! (Trip down memory lane: remember when Felicity's skateboarder stalker got hit by that bus? My roommate and I watched that about 15 times on VCR rewind because we couldn't get over it. But ever since Mean Girls, Nip/Tuck, Final Destination 2, Lost, etc., the bus splat shock effect has become rather passe, don't you think?)
* Save the victim whiny talk, Sylar. Yeesh. And--
Whoa...Mohinder's got a gun...POW and...DAMN! DAMN IT ALL, Sylar! He deserved to eat some lead justice but the tables were turned. I despise Sylar tonight. Truly de-spiiiiiiiiiiiise.
* Well played with the Mama Bennet masquerade, Xerox.
* Spidey 3. Geekasam! (BTW, did anyone watch the footage on NBC.com? I don't want to be spoiled.)
* Excuse moi? Grandma Petrelli knew about Claire all along?
* Very happy that Malcom McDowell is on board. So...Linderman: Jolly bad guy? Misunderstood decent guy? Another case of awesome yin-yang characterization?
* So Peter comes to visit Mohinder, la-la-la-la-la, and
Oh, God, the bangs...THE BANGS.
I really hope Peter opens a huge can of whoop ass on Sylar. Deliver, my nurse boy, deliver!!!!!!!
Bunches of goodness tonight, my friends. The wait for late April will be long and fraught with frustration....