Welcome back--four more episodes until the end of the season. And having just seen the previews for next week, when events from five years in the future will be spotlighted, I have to say that I just wish things would be cleared up in the present before the writers mess with my mind any more. Focus!
Anyway, a pretty good return. Good to see everyone again. Some observations as the show progressed, as always:
* Okay, who thought for even a second that Claire wasn't Mystique?
* So Linderman is the Corpse Whisperer?
* Love how HRG is Matt's mental puppeteer. I can hang with HRG's newly formed justice trio; truthfully, HRG makes whoever he's with interesting.
* And...we come to the terrible scene that served as a hiatus cliffhanger: Mohinder making like a bloody Spider-boy on the ceiling and Peter getting his bangs shaved via cranium surgery. But, wait. Does Peter still have his bangs or am I not seeing this clearly? Confused.
* BTW, so good to see Mohinder being useful, but we'll get back to that pretty soon.
* So Granny Petrelli is an Old School Hero, too? She's not merely a facilitator?
* We so knew that Dead Peter wouldn't last a full episode. Yay!
* Finally, everyone is heading to New York, just like in THE STAND! But without the civilization-threatening disease part. (Just a sidebar: I could not put that book down. Same with SWAN SONG by Robert McCammon. If you haven't read either of them, please do yourself a favor and seek them out. Awesome, awesome storytelling.)
* I think Mystique enjoys her job way too much.
* Mohinder, Mohinder--do not become stupid again. Tell Eric Roberts to stick it where the sun don't shine.
* (weep) Isaac's fated moment arrives. RIP? Or will Hiro save his day by screwing with time?
* Ando says, "I'm confused," and I answer, "Buddy, you're not alone."
* Please have there be a rockin' swordfight between Present Hiro and Future Hiro next week.
Did you guys like the return of our show?