Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Big announcement!

I can *finally* tell you guys what I've been keeping under my hat for a while now. It just became more official....

The Penguin Group has contracted me for three more Vampire Babylon books!

Here's what you're going to see in Publisher's Lunch:

An additional three books for Chris Marie Green’s Vampire Babylon series in a deal with The Penguin Group. This second trilogy follows Dawn Madison, an ex-stunt woman turned hunter, to London, where she tracks down another underground vampire society that seems to have more to do with Lost Girls and Big Bad Wolves than reality. Editor: Ginjer Buchanan, agent: Pamela Harty of The Knight Literary Agency.

This next trilogy will have its own arcs and basic closure, just like the first will. (That's to say, your big questions about this first trilogy will be answered by book 3. The second trilogy will present its own mysteries and have its own closure by book 6.) I have the general plot of each book mapped out, since I had to submit a brief outline in order to sell, and what's going to happen really makes me want to dive into it! Alas, I don't start book 4 until October. (Still, I've got plenty of other fun stuff to write until then....)

Oh, and as to where I went this past long weekend? Toshi Station? Anyone, anyone?

STAR WARS Celebration IV! And this week, I'll be posting pictures and commentary--especially about "The STAR WARS Trilogy in 30 Minutes," which was awesome enough for me to see it three times. (Geekgirl!) I'll also be giving away exclusive convention items in future contests, so keep your eyes peeled....

2 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey C! Congratulations, that's SO awesome! Yay. I'm so excited for you... and for me too, because now I get to read more vamp stuff from you. ;)

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Thank you, Y! I look forward to providing vamp fodder for you. :) Hope all is well.