Friday, May 11, 2007

Proposals and fire engines

Ever since completing my last manuscript, MOMMY AND THE MILLIONAIRE for Special Edition, I've been plugging away on smaller projects. What's been going down in my world?

* the first proposal on my new Blaze contract
I'm just now polishing the first three chapters of a stand-alone I'm calling ROAD GAMES. This Blaze will take place mostly on the western section of Route 66, so I finally get to use the research from that trip I took a few years ago! It starts in Peggy Sue's 50s Diner just off of I-15 and, by chapter 3, there's already a big love scene. The book will be under the "Forbidden Fantasies" flash, and my premise centers around the fantasy of sex with strangers. So, if you can imagine a good girl and a cowboy taking part in this fantasy while traveling stretches of lonely western road, you have a hint of what to expect....

* research for my second Special Edition Suds Club proposal
Today I went for a tour at a local fire house because my hero is going to be a firefighter. Cute firemen, great information, and hands-on research? How cool is my life?

* a vampire short story for Berkley Sensation that will spin out of the Vampire Babylon books
I'll be starting this one in a couple of days, but I'm taking some minor characters and concentrating on "the first bite," which will be the theme of this noir fantasy anthology. I don't have a release date for it yet, other than it'll be on shelves in mid-2008.

After actually writing my second Suds Club proposal, I'll be diving into the rest of ROAD GAMES, and I've been having fun writing that proposal, so I'm looking forward to that.

Now, back to work....

No comments: