Saturday, June 16, 2007

One Draft Down

I finished my latest Blaze rough draft today. This is the story that takes place on Route 66, and I'm calling it ROAD GAMES for now. It's basically about two thirty-ish gals who go on vacation, intending to see the Mother Road. Since this book might be in the Forbidden Fantasies "flash" category within Blaze, the heroines take part in the fantasy of being with a stranger.

Of course, as a romance, the story develops emotionally as well as physically while the concept of "who's really a stranger" is explored. I like that theme, but I also loved digging up my old notes and pictures of the trip Sheri WhiteFeather and I took on Route 66 a few years ago. We only made it to Holbrook, AZ, before we had to get back, but we did get to stay in that Wigwam Motel, where each room is a tipi. (Check it out.)

Unfortunately, my heroines don't make it as far as the Wigwam, and that bums me out, but there's action in roadside diners and quaint motels (Route 66 touchstones), the small western town of Oatman, and Grand Canyon Caverns. I visited all of them, and I'm so happy to *finally* write about their charms.

The only thing that would've made this book even more fun to write would've been the chance to travel the road again. But in 100+ degree weather right now? No way.

Have an excellent weekend, you all!

2 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Congrats on getting the draft done! Yay. :)

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Yeah, yay! LOL. Now it's back to vampires, with that novella.