Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Russell Crowe: Sexyback

I can't tell you how many times I've used Russell Crowe as a "hero model." From Nick Cassidy in THE PREGNANT BRIDE to Sarge in THE HUNTRESS (with a little Eric Bana thrown in), I've pictured the actor as a brooding tough guy who has a haunted gaze. Remember him in THE QUICK AND THE DEAD? In GLADIATOR?

Remember how hot he was before he melted down and started playing things like smug businessmen who inherit vineyards?

Well, I'm happy to tell you that it looks like the old sex babe of my dreams is back. I have here a crummy YouTube copy of the trailer for 3:10 TO YUMA, but it's worth a watch to see Crowe's bad-boy enigma of a villain. I cannot *wait* to see this, if only for the return of an actor who is utterly compelling--especially when he's bad.

Enjoy. I sure will.

2 comments:

Vivi Anna said...

Oh my! Two of my favorite actors in one film. I think I'm going to die.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, vivi anna! Great to see you. :) And I agree--Christian Bale is, like, a bonus (I *loved* him in THE PRESTIGE and, of course, BATMAN. OMG, that's another one I'm salivating for!) It looks like both men have interesting characters to develop in this story.