Sunday, June 03, 2007

What's what

Just taking a moment to catch up....

As the release for THE PLAYBOY TAKES A WIFE (SSE) and THE ULTIMATE BITE (Blaze) approaches (July), I'm getting my promotional needs in order. I've received my author's copies for PLAYBOY, but not BITE. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the warehouse got my address wrong for the first time ever and my kind neighbors had to come over and hand deliver the box to me. I'm hoping the same thing hasn't happened with BITE, because I want to get those copies out for review and I don't want to bother my nice neighbors again. Gah!

But with the bad comes the great: the cover model, Lewis Marcus, for THE PLAYBOY TAKES A WIFE contacted me and we're going to do some joint promotion. This is his first cover, and it's really exciting--I hope this is just the first of many for him. He's an articulate, amiable man and I've asked him to blog here before PLAYBOY is released. How cool is that? If everything works out, we should get a behind-the-scenes look at his experience doing the photo shoot and what he's got going in his career. I'll be posting his "real life" picture along with the cover so you can see what a great job the artist did of rendering his image.

Besides promotion, I'm gearing up for a crazy work month. I'm wrapping up a proposal for a Special Edition, and tomorrow I'll be diving into the entire draft for ROAD GAMES, a Blaze that takes place on Route 66. Usually I'll take a couple of days to ease into a new story, but I don't have that luxury this time. Thanks to my brilliant talent for scheduling, I won't have a day off for a few weeks. (Whine, whine, whine. ) Then I'll be revising my Vampire Babylon short story for Berkley Sensation, which will be published in June 2008. And in the midst of all this? I am attending the CineVegas Film Festival. I plan to wake up very early to get everything done so I can be there during the afternoons. I'll be writing up reviews for the films I see, too, but I like doing that. Can't stop myself. :)

Hope your weekend was awesome, guys!

4 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Yikes C! You sure sound busy. Good luck getting everything done. :)

Man, I hope you get your copies of THE ULTIMATE BITE soon. Hope they didn't go to the wrong address. :( Man, I'm looking forward to this one being released. And it comes out on my birthday month, so that's cool.

I hope you get through everything and I'm mega excited about all the new contracts you've gotten. So happy for you! And how exciting to be promoting with the cover model. Nice!

I'll speak to you later.

Have a great day!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

I'm the one who gets myself into this stuff, so I have to get myself out of it, too, LOL. But thanks for the compassion, Y--it's always good to know someone understands! ;)

Happy Birthday soon, BTW! Any fun plans?

GeminiWisdom said...

Ok, now I'm curious. I'm interested in seeing what this Lewis dude looks like. As for the Blaze books,that's my favorite line! I think I actually ordered that one. Or plan to. I'm pretty sure I have some of your Balze books in my library, too.

OT - have you seen Fergie's new video "Big Girls Don't Cry?" If not, you're gonna recognize her love interest. I'll give you a hint: you blog about his show and his character can fly. Among other things.

OT again - is there any way you would be willing to change your comment status? I like commenting on your blog, but the URL for own blog has changed. While the blogger one redirects you to my new one, I'm not sure how long that lasts (permanently?), but I'd like to start inputing the new one.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Gemini! (I like both your names, but I'm more used to this one, LOL.) I have to check out Fergie's video. I'm really curious since you put it so mysteriously! And thanks re: the Blaze books--I appreciate that. :)

re: the comment status
I am such a computer dork that I'm not sure what to do, although I'd love to go along with your request. I look forward to your comments and want to keep them coming! Any advice about how to change the comment status? (I am so lame, LOL.)