Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cloverfield???

Cloverfield. What is it?

If any of you went to see TRANSFORMERS already, then you'll know what I'm talking about. Heck, if you're up on Internet news, you'll even be familiar with the teaser that's causing more of a watercooler buzz than the robot movie, itself.

There's no title and barely even any credits. We only know that the movie is coming out in January and that J.J. Abrams of LOST and ALIAS fame has something to do with the creepy/cool few minutes on the screen. In fact, Abrams went on www.aintitcool.com to tell Harry Knowles that he's provided a scavenger hunt composed of Web sites that offer more illumination about this project. As of yet, fans have only uncovered one of these sites.

Here's a link to the teaser. Be ready to get goosebumps. I sure did--especially when "that certain object" flies through the sky and lands on the street.

So what do you all think is happening? Who/what is attacking, if it's indeed an attack?

And how brilliant is this marketing strategy?

ETA: I must be losing it, because the basic tag-word for this project is CloverFIELD, not CloverDALE. Duh.

3 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Wow, thanks for sharing this C!

We didn't get this teaser when we watched TRANSFORMERS last week. :/ So I found it online.

Yikes! What the hell is going on? I am totally intrigued. Can't wait to find out more.

Have a great day.

Celise said...

I didn't even know this had a name until my hubby said someone on the DSG boards mentioned it. It definitely looks interesting. I was thinking it was Gozilla, but they already made a movie about that. I got chills, too, when I saw "that certain object" landing in the street. I just hope the film doesn't get so crazy that you can hardly tell what's going on. I think it's cool that he filmed it like that, but I get frustrated when I can't tell what's going on.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Y, I'm really intrigued, too--I just hope I'm not going to mentally build this movie up to a standard it can't possibly reach.... :)

Celise, it *does* look very GODZILLA, doesn't it? I'm wondering if "that certain object" is some kind of big clue or if it's just used for shock value. And ITA with the "what's going on" thing--sometimes the "cool" handheld camera overwhelms the story, and I can't stand that. (That's the reason I had to stop watching FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS right out of the gate. The camerawork literally made me ill. Also, FEAST is a good example of not knowing what the heck is happening at the expense of "neat" camera tricks.)