Sunday, July 08, 2007

Comic-Con + HEROES = Geek Goodness

Getting excited for Comic-Con, San Diego, here. They haven't posted their workshop schedule online yet--and I'm waiting with bated breath to see it--but I did run across this interview with HEROES's Tim Kring. Click here to see it.
I'm especially interested in the parts about the evolution of HRG (He became a much bigger character than anticipated.) and Hiro (who was modeled in the Joseph Campbell tradition crossed with a Shakespearean fool). There are also some good tidbits about how next season will be formatted, with more than one "volume" contained within the year.

Comic-Con forever!

3 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Sounds like fun, C!

Hope you had a great weekend. :D

Celise said...

My hubby and I went a couple of years ago and it was both fun and crazy. He dressed up as Darth Maul and got slammed the minute he stepped off the escalator. He even got on the cover of USA Today! He was pretty excited about that.

The crazy part? Not getting to see all that I'd wanted to see. I'd heard that Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman were there promoting "X-men 2", Jessica Biel and Ryan Reynolds had been there to promote "Blade Trinity". I'd wanted to see them, but it didn't happen.

I DID however, get to see Keanu Reeves when he came out to promote "Constantine". He looked like he'd just woke up and threw on the first thing he laid his hands on: wrinkly jeans, wrinkly T-shirt and a brown cordouroy jacket. LOL. Nice.

Also saw Cillian Murphy when he was there promoting "Batman Begins" with the director of the movie. Christian Bale wasn't there (I was hoping he would grace our presence with his HOTNESS), but he virtually set up the movie clip we saw.

Wish I could go again this year, but hubby went to C4 (which you went too, as well, right?) and we went to a family reunion in Houston at the end of June. We're tapped financially. You'll have to report back. Especially which cast members of "Heroes" showed up.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Y! The weekend was indeed good. Got a new synopsis done and it isn't due until January, LOL. Hope yours was great, too.

Celise! We were actually in the same room at several points during that Comic-Con! Sure, that room holds, like, 6,600 people, but we were in the same vicinity. I recall how exhausted Keanu Reeves looked, and you're right--total slacker zombie.

Yup, I went to SWC4 this year. Too bad you guys won't be at this Con, but maybe next year...?