Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Going to an iPod Party

This weekend I get to go to an iPod and Nacho party. The nacho part is pretty self-explanatory, but an iPod?

I love this idea: everyone is making a five-song playlist, and that will be our music. Most brilliantly of all, the playlists are going to provide good conversational topics, so that erases some social stress. (Yes, I'm one of those people who can be a wallflower at social gatherings if not properly motivated.)

What's going to be on my playlist? I figured it's a party, right? So there'll be no draggy songs on my agenda.

1. CHICK HABIT (DEATHPROOF soundtrack): This one has a bad-ass bass beat, and then April March's chipper voice rocks through. It's pure weird sixties/surf. Infectious.

2. EVERY DAY SHOULD BE A HOLIDAY: I love the Dandy Warhols, so I wasn't about to have a party playlist without them. The addictive melody slides along on you-must-dance-to-this rhythm.

3. EATEN BY THE MONSTER OF LOVE: A great discussion piece, and you can count on the Sparks at all times for goofy pop music. You might remember this march-like ode to never falling in love from VALLEY GIRL. (And if you haven't seen that early Nic Cage movie, rent it. Like, now, dude.)

4. BLACK AND BLUE: Because Van Halen's naughty, grinding double entendres are that fun.

5. SUCKS TO BE YOU (Simon & Milo): Hilarious chorus, bouncy beat--they both underscore the pitiful story of a man who regrets being a jerk.

Have a good hump day, you all!

5 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Sounds interesting. I hope you have a LOT of fun! :D

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, thanks! I intend to have a ton of fun. Nachos are the best. :) You having a good week, Y?

Karmela said...

Harumph. You picked not one song I recognized. If I were going to the iPod party, here are my picks, under the category "Everyone will either love these songs or hate em:"

1. "I Will Survive"
2. "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston
3. "Get Down Tonight" by KC & The Sunshine Band
4. "Like a Virgin" by Madonna
5. "YMCA"

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Yes, thanks for asking C. : Nachos... yum!

My daughter went back to school this week, so I feel a little muddled up. I finished a novella on Monday and a short story yesterday. Now I'm itching to get stuck into something a little longer.

I have an idea for an Extreme Blaze and a Nocturne. It'll be a long shot, of course, but worth a shot anyway. Besides, these stories just will NOT leave me alone. Lol. :D

I hope you have a fab weekend!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

LOL, Karm, but they're all *fun* songs just waiting to be discovered! Thanks for your list--fun stuff, too.

Y, you are still on fire! How exciting about your new story ideas. And long shots are how we get ahead, right? Go for it!