Monday, July 16, 2007

Update on Cloverfield Project

Since this has clearly become an obsession for me, I'm providing a link to aintitcoolnews.com about that weird teaser that played before THE TRANSFORMERS movie. (Scroll back a few blog posts for the Cloverfield entry if you want to watch it. And you do because it truly is intriguing.)

Among other things, this report says that most of the movie will be presented via hand-held camera, just like we see during the teaser. Seems that the film's "framing device" is this: clean-up crews find a camera after all the destruction, and the basic story is shown on that camera. Sounds rather Blair-Witchy to me.

And you know what? I'm not loving that. It's not that I didn't like THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT. In fact, the movie creeps me out beyond reasonable boundaries, and that's excellent. It's just that I was one of those viewers who became physically ill because of the jerky camera work. Good times, sitting there, having to close my eyes and miss half the movie because I felt like losing my cookies. The same sort of bippity-boppity lens-gymnastics has also kept me from watching FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, and I'm bitter about that whole issue because I hear I'm missing a great series.

So does this mean I won't be able to see this unnamed movie when it comes out? I can only laugh at this irony....

2 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey C! I'm totally intrigued by this movie. I must know what it's about! ;) Though I do hope that not all the movie is shot in that wobbly-hand-held-camera motion. It can get a little confusing, not to mention that I get nauseous.

Though I did love The Blair Witch Project. :D

Have a great one!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Y, you're a hand-held camera victim, too?

I really hope we can sit through this movie!

Hope you have an awesome day, too. :)