Wednesday, August 29, 2007

On My Way!

Oh, the next couple of months--what a challenge they'll be.

I have a feeling that the next manuscript I'm writing--the second Suds Club book for Special Edition--is going to be a bear. So far, I've had to adjust the characterization and conflict for several reasons, but this is going to be a tougher book to write, so I'm not surprised. See, the plot revolves around a married couple who's piecing their marriage back together, and those stories aren't always easy. I've "done" a marriage-repair novel before, way back in THE STRANGER SHE MARRIED for the Kane's Crossing series, but it's been a long time. And in that book, the hero had amnesia, so he had all kinds of opportunities for redemption. This hero, a firefighter who has become too involved with his job, is going to have to do major sucking up to the heroine. But I do love a redemption story, and that should inspire me....

Right on the heels of that book (tentatively entitled SECOND CHANCE GROOM for now), I'm going to go right into the BOUND AND BITTEN vampire Blaze, which features Edward and Gisele from THE ULTIMATE BITE. That should be a fun one though.

And after that? Vampire Babylon, Book Four. Lots of research, lots of stuff happening that I can't mention because books two and three aren't even out yet. But I'm already getting excited about it, jotting down ideas and details about this new trilogy day by day.

So here I go!

2 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey C! Wow, sounds like you're really busy. Like always. ;)

I hope you have an awesome weekend!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Y! I'm writing this weekend, trying to get caught up on this second Suds Club Special Edition. But I feel good about it. I'm happy that chapter 4 went really well yesterday and I'm back into the story.

Hope you have a fun time. :)