Saturday, August 11, 2007

A Tad More About HEROES...

Did you all hear about David Anders being promoted to "regular" status on HEROES? (Snoopy endzone dance) You can check here for the TV Guide reportage (scroll down to the picture of the goofy smiling blond), but basically, Anders, my deliciously naughty Sark from ALIAS, was hired as a "recurring player" at first. I guess his new role on HEROES has gone so well that they want to keep him. Smart decision, Suits.

Also, I don't think I mentioned that the HEROES panel at Comic-Con provided us with a few freebies. My favorite is a comic book that contains some of those "background episodes" from the Web site. The issue we were given (#2) is a Comic-Con exclusive, and it contains stories about HRG, Hiro, and the Haitian; the tales tell us more information about the characters than we saw on the TV series itself. Some of you have already read these online, but I never got around to it. They're pretty good.

However, in the middle of this comic, there's an interview with Tim Kring, and he had some interesting things to say when he was asked about the upcoming Volume II. I'm going to share what he said here, so if you want to be unteased (there aren't really any true spoilers), please skip to the very last paragraph of this entry....
"...Let's start with how we left Hiro last season (which was really the beginning of Season Two). He's in Feudal Japan in 1671! If that doesn't mess up time, nothing will! Claire and HRG have relocated to...I'm not sure I should say...just that Claire will have the challenge of having what is essentially a secret identity. She'll also get a new love interest! I can't really get into anybody else since we won't say until our premiere in September who survived last season. After all, Peter and Nathan went up in the sky and go boom! Matt Parkman took four shots to the chest. It's very messy. I can only add that the villain for the season is such a badass he'll make Sylar crap his pants. That is, if Sylar were still alive."

Hmmm... First, when Kring says, "If that doesn't mess up time, nothing will," is he hinting that we're going to see some major timeline-screwage when Hiro returns to the future? I hope to heaven this will introduce a big, featured storyline for David Anders. Also, is Claire's "secret identity" storyline going to be a take off on the more traditional Clark Kent/Bruce Wayne hero lifestyle? Last, when we saw that package of quick clips during the Comic-Con panel, I wondered if any of the shots were planted. Did Kring insert flashes of characters who died in order to surprise us? We'll see.

P.S. The main Web sites are in the process of going up, so it won't be long! Thanks for your patience.

3 comments:

Caffey said...

Hi Crystal! Great to find your blog (its Cathie :)
I never watched the show HEROES. I rarely watch TV, but I do plan to watch MOONLIGHT this fall. I think its on Friday, maybe CBS? but its a vampire theme show! Good looking actor too on the commerials.

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

So cool, thanks for sharing this info, C! I can't wait to watch the next season of HEROES. And man, this new villain's gonna be a big badass, huh? Gee. I wonder if I'll hate him as much as I hate Sylar?

The comics sound cool. I still haven't gotten around to reading the web ones. On my to-do-list... which grows and grows and grows... did I tell you the third FAERIE installment has been contracted by Cobblestone Press as well? Yipeeeee.

I hope you're having a terrific weekend! And man, I love that cover. :D

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Cathie!!!!!! How're you doing?
You know, I haven't seen much of MOONLIGHT, but I'm going to check that one out. I've just got to!

Y! I'm getting more excited for HEROES by the week. They've certainly done a great job with their PR. And I can't wait to see if you hate the new badass more than Sylar...is that even possible? (Hee.)
Also, HUGE CONGRATS on yor sales! Wow. You are amazing. :)
Thanks again re: the cover. I can't stop looking at it. I'm such a geek.