Pretty fun stuff tonight, and much of it seemed to revolve around shirtless men and toe snipping.
Stream of consciousness notes:
- We open with Peter, shirtless and WET. Now this is the way to start a show, damn it!
- Oooo—Kensei nipplage. I’m way too excited about this little peek, and I'm afraid to analyze what that means about my psyche.
- Oh, God—the second I see the computer lizard getting a limb cut off, I know that this will be the episode in which Claire will cut off her toe. (Remember my Comic-Con report about the teaser footage?) By the way, West is still creeping me out.
- Quoth Alejandro to Maya after she worries that she’ll lose control again: “I won’t let that happen.” Um, does anyone recall him saying that during the last episode right before peoples’ eyes started dripping black goo?
- Mohinder speaking French = hu-humana humana. As if his regular accent wasn’t hot enough. (And I think I remember him speaking a little like a valley guy at the Comic-Con panel. It was weird to hear an un-accented Suresh. Weird and bummer-like.)
- Princess Leia alert! Lone chick goes samurai on a bunch of men. Fiesty.
- LOL for Hiro “Kensei” using his powers. And LOL for “Kensei” suggesting the name for the so-called battle.
- Nice moment between “Kensei” and the princess. Annnnnnd this will lead us to the tried-and-true Cyrano romantic plot in which the masquerading sad-sack hero will make the heroine fall for the undeserving faux-hero. Meh.
- Eeeeeeeeeeeek—freakin’ Maya with those eyes! Okay, she is officially creepier than West. At least until he shows up on screen again. Then it's an open race for the title.
- At this point, I’m like, “David Anders better be in this next segment.” Nope.
- Too bad Claire can’t grow back cars like she does limbs.
- Heh—Gramama Petrelli and Kaito got busy back in the day! Saucy.
- This serial killer confuses me. “He” had to skulk around in a hoodie and gracelessly mow Kaito down from a building last time. But now his assault on Gramama looks far more elaborate and hero-ish. Wonder why. Any theories? Will it even turn out to be the same killer in spite of the "clue"?
- WHERE’S ANDERS??????????????????????????????
- So the princess didn’t notice a height difference between “Kensei” and Kensei? She might be fiesty, but not that bright.
- We all knew Kensei wasn’t dead. He’s just Claire.
- Le Haitian! Welcome back.
- Uh, yeah—the toe snip in all its barfy glory. I think watching it grow back was even nastier than seeing it cut off. Even creepier though? West’s mug in the window.
Will we become familiar with Peter’s package next week? (Tee hee.) And Claire was looking pissed at HRG. Will West turn out to be a bad influence?