Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bookshelf: BLACK MAGIC WOMAN

Near the end of last year, I got an email from author Justin Gustainis. He liked NIGHT RISING and was wondering if I'd give a blurb for the first book in his new urban fantasy series. I said yes to reading BLACK MAGIC WOMAN, and I was so happy and relieved that I really enjoyed it enough to give it a good blurb.

"Dracula, voodoo, the Salem Witch Trials—Gustainis mixes all of these into a thrilling, addictive brew. A great way to spend a page-turning night!" is what I said, and I think if you get your hands on this book, you'll agree. BLACK MAGIC WOMAN is about a paranormal investigator/"consultant" named Quincy Morris (and you'll find out why he carries this should-be-familiar-name during the course of the story). He's hired by a family who seems to have come under fire from something like a very mean ghost...and it's up to Quincy to get to the bottom of the family's troubles. He brings on an associate, Libby Chastain, a white witch, and their investigation leads them into some hairy situations that are going to please many a paranormal lover.

Gustainis uses several points of view to show different angles of this story, and that added layer upon layer of information and color to the action. And what action there is! To check out more, click here....

2 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Oh, this sounds really good! I love urban fantasy stuff.

I've already ordered your book. Waiting for it to arrive at my fave bookstore. ;)

C, have a great week.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey!
Cool, hope you like BLACK MAGIC WOMAN, Y! Gustainis blogged for me today, so you can check out his fun facts.

Also, thank you, thank you, thank you for ordering MIDNIGHT REIGN! You are great. :)