Sunday, January 27, 2008

Home Stretch

I'm chugging down the home stretch for the fourth Vampire Babylon book. Three more chapters to write, plus all the revision that goes along with it. At this point in a rough draft, I'm going NUTS, not only because I want to finish so badly, but this is where all the story payoffs come and if I haven't set them up correctly, I need to go back and fix it. Uck. There's no such thing as a clean first draft with these books.

Needless to say, during all this craziness, my RITA books came about a week late. And, believe me, I could've used that week, because I want to give fair time and attention to every single entry. I got some great ones, though, so I'm excited about reading each and every one!

Also, here's a BarnesandNoble.com link to a review from Writers Unlimited for MIDNIGHT REIGN....

2 comments:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Hey C!

Hope you're having a great weekend. Good luck getting through the first draft. And btw, is there ever a clean first draft? ;)

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Y!
Hope you had fun. :)
Oddly enough, I used to write pretty decent first drafts, but then the vampires and mysteries came along and that all went down the drain, LOL. The more characters and world details, the more work, right? Ack!