Monday, March 03, 2008

Catching Up

Phew. Now that March 1 has passed, I can breathe a sigh of semi-relief. I finished a line edit for "Double the Bite" in the FIRST BLOOD anthology (release date: September, 2008), a line edit for BREAK OF DAWN, Vampire Babylon, Book Three (September, 2008), the manuscript for A DROP OF RED, Vampire Babylon, Book Four (April, 2009), and the polish for GOOD TO THE LAST BITE (Blaze, October, 2008--there was a recent release date switch from November).

This past weekend, I also had two booksignings. One at a Borders and one at B. Dalton. Being a deceptively shy person, I have to try really hard at signings to talk with people, even though I do enjoy it. It's just that I've never been particularly good at initiating conversation--once I'm in one, I'm usually fine. But when I get home from the events, I tend to collapse, LOL.

Now, at this point, after completing the deadlines and booksignings, I say I'm only semi-relieved because I've got a couple of other pressing deadlines that I need to contend with before the NINC conference in New York at the end of the month. I do believe I'll be working during that conference though, which is a shame, because it's New York! I'll be signing stock at bookstores there, too, as well as hopefully getting in a show and a dinner or two. And the NINC conference is always incredible--it's probably the most informative conference I attend on a yearly basis.

So here I go with March! Hope you've got a great month in store, too. :)

No comments: