Friday, March 14, 2008

Go, Speed Racer!

Have you guys seen this yet?



The fact that Speed was my first crush is well documented. Yes, I admit, it's weird, but I can't go back and change my little-girl emotions. Now, I don't know if Emile Hirsch is going to bring that big-blue-eyed, sweet squareness to Speed that I adored when I was but a lass, but I think I'm way more into Racer X this time around, anway. And Matthew Fox fits the bill quite nicely.

This is definitely a movie to see in a theater. Once again, the Wachowskis are going to affect the look of movies for the next decade, and even though the hyper-reality of this film makes me a little uncomfortable, it approximates anime to a T.

Oh, also? It has that darn monkey, and I love/hate that monkey.

5 comments:

Michele said...

It's on my list to see, too! This and the new Indiana Jones. Can't wait. It's going to be a great summer for movies... :-)

And Matthew Fox? Uh, yeah. LOL

Have a great weekend. Take care.

Celise said...

I can't wait to see this movie, too, Crys. I was a big Speed Racer fan and even have a magnet on frig. What's going to be interesting is the soundtrack. The theme music was catchy, albeit a bit cheezy. I want to know if they're going to go with something new or jazz up the old theme somehow.

As much as I love Linkin Park, the remake of The Transformers song wasn't even in the movie. But it's on the soundtrack and it's great!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Michele! I confess that I was awful about going to the movies last year, but I can't see how I can stay away this one. I just might have to go to the Chinese Theatre in L.A. with my friends to do INDIANA JONES up right. :)

Celise! Wouldn't that be great if they paid as much attention to the music as they have the movie?

Great to see you guys!

Caffey said...

Hi Crystal! Its Cathie :) I have to wait until its out on DVD so I can have the close captioning for the deaf, but put a note down to watch for the release then.

Its really been too long since I watched some recent movies so I'm so behind! Same goes with the TV shows right now. I'm mostly watching the old shows on TV Land and Game Show Network, LOL. And of course lots of reading. By the way looking forward to the new vamp release Crystal!

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Cathie! OMG, it's so great to hear from you. I'm soooo behind on shows and movies, too. I never did see any of the Oscar movies, and that's just strange.