Friday, March 21, 2008

A Light at the End

A very frank post today.

Right now, I'm writing a book--the third in the Suds Club Special Edition minseries--about a heroine who discovers a lump in her breast. The story takes place in between the time a mammogram confirms the lump and her appointment to get a biopsy.

I'll be honest--this is a tough subject. There's a lot of fear contained in a situation like this, and facing it every day has been wearing on me, and I fully realize that this is only a fraction of what a real-life heroine would endure.

But when your job is to get inside the heads of these characters, you're going to worry for them and maybe even lose a little sleep because it's rough to put them through such a gauntlet. Luckily, the heroine is matched with a really great guy who brings out her strength, so in addition to him being a shining light for her, he's been one for me, too....

I'm nearing the end of the book, and as you all know, that's always a trying time anyway. You start worrying if everything has held together, you start anticipating your next project, and you just want to take a breath from this world in which you've been submerged.

But April will allow me some time to take a bigger breath. I'm really looking forward to seeing movies and reading the books that I've been longing to cuddle up with for months! Whoo!

Have a great weekend, you all!

No comments: