Saturday, April 19, 2008

Summer Movies, 2008

In the comment section of my last entry, Celise said that she's probably going to be at the movies every single weekend this summer. Who knows how often I'll make it, but here are some of the more noteworthy releases, IMHO:

5/2 IRON MAN: I want to be excited about this one, but deep down, I'm not. It looks very cool and it seems to have all the right stuff, but for some reason, it's not translating into a feverish need for me to go to the theater....

5/9 SPEED RACER: Totally. This one is going to merit a theater trip. I'm just afraid that I might feel grossed out and sick after watching all those crazy colors flash by for two hours.

5/16 PRINCE CASPIAN (NARNIA): I love-love-loved these books when I was younger, but I have to say I wasn't overwhelmed by the LION... movie. Maybe it suffered from comparison to the LORD OF THE RINGS experience, feeling more like an anti-climax than a fresh adventure. I might be doing the DVD thing for this one.

5/22 INDY: Take a wild guess. :)

6/13 THE INCREDIBLE HULK: I'm majorly intrigued by the casting of Edward Norton. He is so weirdly hot to me. But...I'm not sure, you guys. Didn't feel excitement after seeing the trailer. Not feeling it now.

7/18 THE DARK KNIGHT: So there. And not just because paying my respects to Heath Ledger seems like the right thing to do. I've been waiting for this one ever since BATMAN BEGINS ended.

7/18 MAMA MIA: I'm sort of embarrassed to admit that I'm very much looking forward to this. I saw it on stage, and it was a good time, but the trailer really brings out the fun factor.

7/25 X-FILES: There's no doubt in my mind that this one will be better than the first X-FILES movie, although I'm not sure it'll wash away the aftertaste of how the series ended.

Am I missing anything?

2 comments:

Celise said...

Nope. I thin you got them all. I'll be seeing everything on your list except for Mama Mia. I also want to see "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2". Not sure when that's coming out, but I liked the first one. I really want to go to Greece now after seeing the first one.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Aw, no MAMA MIA? LOL. Surprisingly, it looks like that movie has made really good use of a location in Greece!