Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What Am I--Twelve?

You'd think that by my age (a million years old) that things like blemishes and braces would be history. Right?

So not right.

Late last year, I suddenly got this freeway between my teeth. Seriously--this gap just kind of showed up in a matter of a week. I went to the dentist and, at first, he was concerned that it might be something "pathological." That didn't sound good, so he took x-rays. Luckily, he came to the conclusion that my skull isn't blasting apart or anything, yet he did recommend exploring ways to mind my new gap, including a trip to the orthodontist for an assessment.

Long story short--I'm getting a thing called "Invisiline." I guess it's some kind of retainer system. So at RWA National, I'll see you while decked out in my pink backpack, lip gloss, and retainer!

Gah.

2 comments:

Celise said...

LOL. I've heard of that. And I wish they'd been invented when I was done wearing braces. I hated wearing my frickin' retainer, which is why I still have a little gap between my teeth, too. I think it would've made me a little less self-conscious if no one knew I was wearing a retainer.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Yeah, they say this Invisiline is fairly non-intrusive (relatively, I guess). Still, I wonder if I'm going to talk differently when it's in....