Monday, June 16, 2008

What's Doing?

I've having a load of fun writing a book at the moment. (Does that somehow sound sarcastic? Well, it isn't. Bet you didn't expect that.)

I'm 2/3 of the way through a Blaze that takes place in Japan, and I get to go back through all my journals and Web notes (Crystal's Hyperchick Japan Adventures Part 1 and 2), and it's bringing back great memories of my trip there. Thank goodness I was detailed in my descriptions--I thought that one day I might be writing a book with this setting, so I noted everything via the five senses, plus quirky stuff that happened to me. Everything from the food, "snack bars," my visit to Atami, the colors and textures of a bar we found literally underground... They're all there, and I'm longing for another visit.

I should finish this near the end of June, then it's on to Vampire Babylon, Book 5. Actually, I already plotted that sucker out; I also wrote the first two chapters before I needed to shift to the Blaze.

Okay, it's back to Japan now....

2 comments:

Stephanee said...

Hi Chris!

Will you still be going to RWASD this Sat? I'm definitely going, and I'd love to meet you and say Hi.

Good luck on finishing your Blaze. Don't think I've read one with Japan as a location, will have to check it out.

Stephanee

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Stephanee! Yes, I'll be there for at least part of the meeting, so we'll look for each other, okay? Great!

This Blaze will be under the "Lust in Translation" flash, and I'm not sure I've seen a Japan location, either. I have three more chapters to go! ;)