The Comic Con schedule has finally been posted over at http://www.comic-con.org/. I'm a little anxious and hyperventilate-y just looking at it. And even though I'll probably be standing in daggone lines most of the time, I'm still excited.
I'm also ready to toss my cookies, though, because I'm on that panel Saturday (1:30 with a signing afterward). I wasn't able to confirm who was on the panel in my last newsletter, but here you go:
* Joe Hill, a Guest of Honor (Besides being an award-winning horror author [HEART-SHAPED BOX], "Joe" is the son of Stephen King. I know.)
* Max Brooks, Guest of Honor (Besides writing WORLD WAR Z, A ZOMBIE GUIDE TO SURVIVAL, and having Brad Pitt's production company develop his work, Max is accomplished in TV writing, too. Oh, and he's also the son of Mel Brooks and Anne Bancroft. Yeah.)
* Adrienne Barbeau (I think she doesn't need much of an intro, but channel MAUDE and ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK if need be. Like me, she wrote a Hollywood vampire book, and it was just released. I think I will bond with Ms. Barbeau.)
* Joe Mariotte (A prolific tie-in sci-fi/fantasy author, among other accomplishments.)
* Natasha Rhodes (DANTE'S GIRL, an urban fantasy. I can see some bonding here, too.)
Do you see the reason I'm nervous???
As I do every year, I'm going to try my best to post nightly updates about what I hear and see at the Con. Cross your fingers that I get into the HEROES and LOST panels on Saturday. I'll be missing the TERMINATOR: SALVATION panel (sob), but my buds will hopefully be there to give me scoop. (And if Christian Bale appears on it, I'm going to be mighty bummed. But so goes life.)