Friday, August 08, 2008

Adventures at RWA

Day One

After Ann Aguirre and I traveled up the coast, we arrived at the RWA Conference just in time for me to attend the Librarian's Luncheon. I met some really cool people, including Donna who runs a project that gets books to Afghanistan for our military to read, and I listened to Stephanie Laurens give a really interesting speech about how we shouldn't be worried about the success of genre fiction in hard times. Positive vibes to start off the conference.

Then it was time to schmooze at the Bookseller Event, where you go to a room and chat with industry professionals. By the time I got there, it was mostly authors hanging around, but I'm always up for meeting other writers. I got excited about a book that's coming out at the end of the year by Carrie Lofty (WHAT A SCOUNDREL WANTS). It's about Will Scarlet from ROBIN HOOD. Awesome. Totally, totally looking forward to it.

The literacy signing was as fun as always: I sat between authors I've never met before (Hey, Kim and Abby Green!) and I got lots of visits from friends and readers.

Here's a pic of Michele Cwiertny, who comments on this blog, and me....

Stay tuned for more as the days go by!

3 comments:

Michele said...

I had a fantastic time chatting with you about your adventures! That's what I love about conference...running into people I only get to see once or twice a year and catching up. Even when I "see" them online. :-)

The author to your right was very kind to take that photo of us too!

Take Care,

Michele

Carrie Lofty said...

Crystal, I had fun talking with you. Glad to know Ann had such good company on her way through California. Hope to see you again next year in DC. Have a great year!

And thx for the props :)

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Michele! You're so right about the catch-up at conference. When I go to a workshop, I try to build in some extra time to get there because I know that I'm going to run into someone I want to chat with. And, yes, that was really nice of Kim to take the pic! (And nice of you to suggest it.) :)

Hey, Carrie--you must have Google alert, LOL! Thanks, and I really am looking forward to your book. We'll chat about how much I'll no doubt enjoy it at D.C. if the plane fares aren't too whacko by then....