It’s been a while, but we’re ba-ack.
But is being back a good or bad thing for HEROES? What did you all think of the premiere?
Some of you already read my hint-riddled tease that I wrote after I saw the first hour of this premiere at Comic-Con (If you didn’t read it, click on this: http://crystal-green.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html and go to the third post down.). I was really optimistic when I saw it.
Then I witnessed the second hour. It was still good, but my attention kept wandering, and I think there’s a specific reason for that, because it tends to happen with characters I’ve completely let go of. One of those characters is Niki/Jessica…Tracy(?), but I’ll get to that in a second.
First, onto the bullet points that I use as a minute-by-minute comment board. Just keep in mind that I only watched the second hour tonight, already having seen the first….
* Suresh/Testosterone-Wallclimbing-SkinShedding SexFiend extends the fine tradition of Heroes who quite graciously take off their shirts for us. What took him so damned long, because…bab-uh. Methinks someone has been hitting the Pilates.
* After earning my good will, Mohinder immediately blows it by going all suckface on Maya. Gah. I now become bored with his continued moronic state of being and I tune out whenever he is on.
* I’m so happy to catch a glimpse of Adam in Mama Petrelli’s dream. Gimme hope for my Sark’s return!!!
* I never thought I’d be glad to see Elle, but, hey, I am. Whoa. Maybe it’s just because I miss Kristin Bell in general.
* So Niki is Jessica and Tracy? Huh? I decide to brush my confusion aside in favor of concentrating on the Greatest American Hero instead. Check out that soul patch!
* Nooooooooo—not Bob!!!!!!!!!
* How great is it that Weevil and Veronica Mars are together again (or at least within close range of each other)? Let’s pray for some longer scenes to take advantage of their chemistry. Seriously, if you watched VERONICA MARS, you know that these two are magic together.
* All right, I’ll admit it—I’m utterly puzzled about anything that involves Ali Larter when it comes to this show. I never figured out her first character/s, and now we’ve got Tr-icy to contend with. The sight of her stultifies me.
* I’m cracking up at all the Batman-Catwoman-Robin stuff.
* Tonight’s fave? Mah-nah-mah-nah-mah-nah-mah-nah! Here, Kitty, Kitty!
* LOL at Matt and the turtle moment.
* “Can’t you see I’m in the middle of a heated game?” I immediately add, “With Mr. Eko?” (If you don’t watch LOST, you totally won’t get that, and it’s okay.)
* So do you all think that Mama Petrelli is actually Sylar’s ma or is she speaking metaphorically? Or is she just being the evil wench we all love and she’s messing with Sylar’s mind?
(I’m fervently hope it’s the last option….)
Opinions? Loves? Not-so loves? What did you think?