So instead of having a "What would happen if we looked into the future?" episode, we had a "What would happen if the heroes lost their powers?" episode. I only say that because I'm 99.9% sure that after the eclipse is done, everything will reset and we'll be right back where we started: Claire will be okay and Sylar will escape yet again.
Business as usual.
Here's the recap:
* I see HRG and I think, "Please tell me he'll have something to do this episode!"
* "Everything's going to change today." - Papa Petrelli
My hopes... They are raised.
(But soon they are laid to rest, yet again.)
* Maybe I've just been acquainted with the wrong ten-year-olds, but how many kids of that age do you know who hop up and down like a five-year-old when they have to pee? This Hiro is not funny at all.
* So Elle turns Sylar into a baddie again that quickly? Her teasing him into badness smacks of Marty McFly syndrome. Remember in the BACK TO THE FUTURE movies when someone would call him a chicken and he would lose all characterization and do something he'd normally not do?
* Love HRG calling out Claire! There he goes! Man, if this show featured him more, I'd be really on board.
* Mama Petrelli, take Tricy DOWN!
* Lucky Nathan and Peter were flying over a lake (swamp? something?) during that eclipse....
* Dude, even the newly intelligent Peter made the eclipse connection without the benefit of Mohinder's "scientific" studies. I guess even the show is admitting that Suresh is a dimbulb.
* LOL for Parkman trying his powers during the eclipse and failing. That particular bit worked nicely.
* I should be feeling anxious about Claire's injury but...nah. As I mentioned before, things will just reset after the eclipse. (Unless the show is going to surprise the heck out of me. That'd be awesome.)
* Good twist with Daphne!
* And next episode? Just as HRG shoots, the eclipse will end and Sylar won't be hurt.
Let's cross our fingers for Bryan Fuller's return, you all. I'm going to miss the heck out of PUSHING DAISIES, but in this case, lemons can become lemonade....