Tuesday, December 02, 2008

HEROES, 12/1/08--and a chance to win FIRST BLOOD

First, let's talk about the chance to win a signed copy of FIRST BLOOD.... Lori Devoti, who is a kick-ass writer for Nocturne, interviewed me, and she's posted the results at her site. If you comment there, you can win the book, but you can also chat with me about Dracula's brides and Vampire Babylon because I'm in and out of the comment area. So drop by, okay?

http://loridevoti.com/blog/2008/12/02/30-days-of-vampires-interview-urban-fantasy-author-chris-marie-green/


Second, I still love CHUCK. Please watch it so it doesn't get cancelled. You will be rewarded via its endearing characters, hilarious continuity, geek in-jokes, and fun plot lines. And Adam Baldwin.

Now, for the main event....

Oh, HEROES.

Really?

Tell me you didn't kill off Kristen Bell--yet another amazing guest star who had tons of possibiity that was squandered. I realize that there is a call for some "real death" in the storylines, but why do away with the most interesting, charasmatic characters instead of things like Maya?

Just...grrr. I used to be so excited to watch this show, and I think my last thread of hope is about to snap. The only thing keeping it together is the glimmer of Bryan Fuller returning.

Pay-by-play recap:

* We do get more HRG time, and he is back to being awesome. For that I am happy!

* Mohinder has Maya's address? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!

* LOL about Hiro at the comic store, sitting down with that giddy smile while combing through the issues. I can relate, as I'm sure you can, too.

* (Side note: Have you been watching the BENJAMIN BUTTON previews? I can't believe I'm emotionally touched as well as totally creeped out at the same time.)

* I am pining for the return of adult Hiro. Please come back to us!

* Why does it feel like a lot is happening, but nothing is really happening? Lots of running around, but there's nothing in motion.

* Whoa--I thought for sure that the eclipse would end before HRG slit Sylar's neck. But something tells me that Sylar will still be faintly alive when the eclipse returns and he'll heal right back up.
And HRG? You are a man to reckon with, and that's why you're my fave.

* Claire's "dead."

* Claire's not dead. Shocker.

* Eclipse premise = useless

* (Another commercial comment: When is Christian Syriano--or however you spell his name--going to leave me alone? PROJECT RUNWAY is over, my friend.)

* (And isn't it sad that I'm paying way more attention to the commercials than the show? I'm actually kind of relieved when they come on.)

* Sylar's not dead, too. Wow--I'm stunned. I mean, I'm just... Not stunned.

* Yay--Hiro takes Sylar!!! That was awesome. More. More!

* Heh. LOL for the urban legend the comic geek heard at the convention. If you've never hung out with geeks, you'd think this is a weird conversation. But in reality? Nope.

* And the curse of the talented casting coup lives on with Kristen Bell. Can someone tell me why Elle just sat there and let Sylar slice her? What happened to those lightning powers that messed up Sylar before?



Hope to see you guys over at Lori's site!

6 comments:

Selena Illyria said...

There are no words to say how disappointed I am with Heroes. They just take adn waste and waste. I know they didn't kill off Claude and they just let Micah and Monica go off but Adam? Elle? Weevil? Come on. Anyone who's even thinking about guesting on Heroes or is about to, I'd tell them to run.

No matter how brilliant or wonderful or full of promise they're character may have they're just going to get killed off or wasted and that's disappointing.

Why did they have to bring back Maya?

Adult Hiro please tell me you have the brain cells active. Please, let him be intelligent when they finally fix him.

I totally agree with you. It seemed both fast paced and slow. And the eclipse premise was pointless. Why did they even do it in the first place?

LOL. I'm fascinated by the commercials too. I got to see a preview of the new Punisher movie. Not sure what to think about it. LOL. Also, Tom Cruise plays a German in the movie but has no accent, huh?

I loved those Hiro moments with Sylar and Elle.

What I didn't like was the after. Can Sylar please pick a personality and stick with it?

I didn't find the urban legend convo weird, I thought it was cute.

You know what's weird, I totally forgot about Elle's powers. LOL.

I'm so disappointed, the blonde they were killing off was Elle. Great, we're still stuck with Clair and Tricy. Whhhhyyy?


Well at least I have Chuck to make me happy on Mondays. We get to meet Sarah's dad! Yeah! Poor Ellie. Chuck must find their dad!

The Benjamin Button movie is both creepy and intriguing.

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Hey, Selena! Thanks for going over to Lori's. Sweet!

Yeah, I'm still waiting for Claude, Micah, and Monica. And you no doubt heard Kring acknowledge that Caitlin is going to stay stranded in that awful future and her outcome won't be addressed. I wish Peter would even think about her every so often.

Luckily, there's a sparkle of hope for Hiro's intelligence, LOL. Then again, considering HEROES' track record, he could devolve within two more episodes.

LOL about Tom Cruise. I want to see that movie though. I'm a Bryan Singer fan, and the subject sounds like it will make for an edge-of-the-seat movie.

Gary Cole as Sarah's Dad on CHUCK--how cool is that???

Selena Illyria said...

Welcome. :-). Peter's track record with women is bad. Even after he got his memory back he forgot about Simone and Caitlin. They really need to learn to finish storylines. There are too many left open.

LOL! Very true. I feel bad for Hiro. He was so lovable in the first season and they just keep toying with his character. There is away to balance out a more mature Hiro with the one from the first season.

The movie does look good but that thing would irratate me when watching the movie. LOL

I know! Very cool. I can't wait for next week. *Grin*

Celise said...

I have yet to watch this week's or last week's Heroes, and I still find myself coming over to check out your comments. LOL. Probably not a good idea.

But I don't care.

I really enjoy your comments.

And yes, I'm looking forward to seeing Benjamin Button. All I can think about is the fact that he looks like he did in Meet Joe Black and he looked DAMNED FINE in that movie. I just don't think the match between him and Cate Blanchett will work, though. It worked in BABEL, but I don't know about this movie. Two interesting facts: Elle Fanning (Dakota's little sister) plays Cate's character as a young girl and Brad's daughter, Shiloh, makes an appearance, too.

And yes, I still love Chuck. I think you should do a weekly by-play of that, too! And as far as I know, it's being picked up for next season. Have you heard differently?

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Selena, that's a great point about Simone, too. I'd forgotten about her, just as Peter has. :)

Celise! I thought maybe you haven't been watching, but I'm so happy you came here anyway. You know, I've thought about subbing a CHUCK recap for HEROES, and if Bryan Fuller doesn't come back on board the latter, I'll do it. The thing with CHUCK is that there's no snark material, LOL. HEROES provides so darned much! But still...maybe it'd be fun....

Cool trivia! I had no idea about the "little actors." I can't decide if I want to see that movie. It looks like something I'd prefer watching in a place where people can't hear me sobbing. ;)

Crystal Green's Blog said...

Oops, Celise--forgot to add that I'm not sure if CHUCK will be back or not. I keep hearing that it's "on the bubble," so I think the ratings might have to improve....