One more episode this year! (The exclamation point is to mark my overwhelming relief, not a wail of grief.) I keep hearing that if Bryan Fuller does come back, he'll have a hand in only about the last three episodes of the season. This fills me with sorrow.
Since I must be happy, I will briefly comment on CHUCK first.
Weeee! An installment chock full of double crosses and con games. Fun! Sara's dad is a real piece of work, and Gary Cole makes him extra interesting. He's one of those people who makes me laugh just when I look at him because you know there's some kind of devilry going on behind that grin. And a huge ROFLOL for the "Oh, Yeah"/Ferris Bueller treatment of the Delorean and the General Lee. This show is geek paradise.
Now...onward to the HEROES stuff:
* LOL for Hiro and Claire talking at the same time--that was well done.
* I see a beach, debris... Oh, my word, have I stumbled onto the first new BATTLESTAR GALACTICA of the season??? Alas, I have not, because Sylar's mug interrupts my joy. And lest we still wonder if Elle is really dead? Looks like it. (Although there's a pretty heavy healing element to this episode and it makes me wonder if it's foreshadowing anything with Elle. [Hey, maybe there are some Elle molecules leftover? Maybe?] Frankly, if they're going to have this "shocking death," I wish they'd stick to it, although I doubt the same will hold for the other "shocking death" that occurs at the end of this episode.)
* I think I figured out one more reason HEROES isn't exciting me. I've noticed that the colors they're using lately are constantly dark and murky. However, they aren't creating any kind of evocative tone--creepy, ominous, whatever. The big picture only feels dreary and without soul, and I believe this is wearing on me, along with the lack of much forward progress altogether.
* Been meaning to ask--what's going on with Hayden's hair? Is that a wig? Is she okay?
* With everything Sylar does (including this "semi-shocking death" of the office worker), I couldn't care less. I just want him to be over.
* LOL with the two versions of Hiro echoing each other's moves.
* Please, Hiro's Mommy--heal him! Strike out that ten-year-old! Do it, DO IT!
* Convenient flag pole placement for Hiro.
* My bet is that Arthur Petrelli will be cruising around, all self-healed, by the end of next episode. It'll be the big "cliffhanger" when he pops back up and says something like, "Come to Pah-pa."
And there it is.