First off, I just want to point out that I’m blogging over at the NINC site today (Tuesday). I’m talking about how watching TV has actually become a part of my “writing process.” Sounds weird, I know (surprise, surprise), but I think you’ll understand where I’m coming from after you’ve read it. Also, I’m giving away a copy of my latest vampire Blaze, GOOD TO THE LAST BITE, to someone who comments….
So it ends up that I did ½ CHUCK recap tonight and ½ HEROES. Let’s start with the Chuckster, shall we?
I wasn’t sure about this episode at first, but it turned out to be one of the best episodes so far, IMHO. We’ll get to the reason shortly.
* Best part of Big Mike’s Santa suit is the splotchy blush on his cheeks. Excellent, sad detail.
* I did not need to see Morgan in tights.
* Hee! It’s the DIE HARD cop! I predict a Twinkie joke in this episode. (Am I remembering that movie correctly? It’s been a long time. Wasn’t there something about Twinkies?)
* Aw for Chuck, Sara, and the bracelet.
And this is where it starts to get magnificent….
* Hey, why can’t girls play football, too? Anna’s totally kick-ass, yet she was left on the sidelines. Boo.
* But yay for Team Awesome!!!
* WOW. Sara. I’m glad she did what she needed to do because letting the Fulcrum agent go would’ve been foolish (or should I say it would’ve been a really Sydney Bristow thing for her to do?). Letting him live would’ve come back to haunt Chuck in a big way.
* And THEN her action leads to a deeper complication rather than the more superficial one that’s been keeping Chuck and Sara apart.
Wow. Bravo, CHUCK people.
HEROES recap. Better than usual but CHUCK makes it suffer by comparison, and that’s wrong. I want to watch this program on its own merits but… Man, it’s hard with that kind of lead in.
* LOL for Daphne stealing Suresh’s formula and Suresh getting predictably whiny about it.
* I do like Peter much better without powers. (And at the end when he regains him? I say “sigh”. Round two.)
* Um. Okay. Super soldier sure didn’t last long.
* “And I’d like to give [Sylar] a good spanking,” says Claire. Can you all just see those fanfic boards going crazy right about now?
* HRG—the man with a cunning plan! (Gotta love him.)
* Gosh, they’re cleaning house tonight, huh? Tricy even gets to take out a “villain.”
* Listen to Gramma, Claire. But…no. Sylar corners his little mouse.
* Betting time: how many episodes into “Fugitives” until Sylar “miraculously” shows up? I say three.
What do you all think of the set up for the next volume? I’m not feeling Nathan’s whole “we must hunt them” vibe. Maybe it’s because the characters have gone back and forth with their motivations and personalities all season….
Hope everyone has a fun holiday time and you have a chance to stop by the NINC blog! ;)