Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Year

Time to reflect, time to look back, time to take stock in everything about life.

I'm thankful for the things that might seem basic, but are actually everyday miracles in themselves: the happiness I get from my nephew and nieces. The support and comfort of my family. The fact that I still have a roof over my head and a job.

I'm thankful that I'm allowed to do what I love for a living--writing--and that there are wonderful people like you who read my stuff. Thankful that I've got freedom.

On a less important scale, I'm thankful that Bryan Fuller is coming back to HEROES and that we've been gifted with MAD MEN, DEXTER, and LOST. Thankful that I enjoy watching movies out of the theater (which has become a place I've avoided. Do you know that, before yesterday when I was dragged to see DESPEREAUX--which was actually pretty good--that the last movie I saw in a cinema was THE DARK KNIGHT?).

As for next year, there are plenty of items I'd like to work on, chief among them time management. And I'd like to be more optimistic, although I have to say that having a dark side has provided me with good material for writing.

Most importantly though, I hope that the coming year is kind to every one of you who is reading this.

Happy New Year, you all. :)

No comments: