CHUCK is back and I’m more in love with it than ever.
I suppose you could say that I do get some CHUCK-levels of entertainment when Hiro and Ando are on HEROES. And there are flashes of wonderfulness about this show that keep me tuning in. However, I’m at the point where I’ve pretty much given up on following the mythology and my enjoyment is purely superficial. (For example, the number of shirts taken off tonight? Zero! Dang. Even CHUCK had at least two shirt-off moments. One of them was Captain Awesome, and the name does justice to him. I was way too interested in Chuck’s chest, too, because, let’s face it, I wouldn’t throw him outta bed for eatin’ crackers. Heh.)
So here we go with HEROES:
* Right off the bat I decide that I will go with the theory that Mama Petrelli is mindscrewing Sylar in order to get him to do what she wants him to do. I can’t deal with her really being his mom. Just…no.
* Someone needs to tell Future Peter that an upturned collar is not badass.
* “What kind of overconfident nemesis are you?” I adore Hiro’s meta-talk.
* I wish the Hatian would do his thing with Sylar. Do you know how much trouble that would save us?
* Love how the silent movie’s music is used in the Hiro/Ando scenes. Totally fun.
* You had to know that the African painter’s eyes would go white. Doesn’t he even have the same Tim Sale painting style that Isaac did?
* Micah’s got lots o’hair!
* “I’m being awesome!” Ando gets the line of the night.
* Good job, Two Peters—time is frozen and you guys couldn’t take just a sec to move poor HRG out of the room as the New Villains sit there ready to attack him? Mean.
* Sooo…we’ve got a magic walkman that turns eyes white?
* Lastly, I want me some Sark!!! I can’t believe HEROES isn’t using him. Talk about a waste of talent.
What’s your take? Good, bad, ugly? Directionless? Or do you have hope for the coming adventures of our heroes?